Thread: fml flatworms
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 03:57 AM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Ok.
So I have been loosing acros for a month now looking like stn. I thought originally it was stn
Dipped a piece today and yep Flatworms.

Now what?

I.have flatworm exit but read it doesn't work on aefw
Should I dip all my corals or are the worms on rock too

I dip everything and haven't bought coral in months
Sorry to hear of this. I can relate well with you as I had them a yr ago. Do you have a spare tank that you can set up? If possible, cut the corals off your rock work and after dipping place them in the new tank. For the DT, remove the remaining acro off the rock work ( if you can't, use glue on the remaining acro).
Eggs may be in your rock work however, without acro the fw will eventually starve to death. I would continue to run your DT for at least three mths ( I cooked my rocks for 5 mths) before introducing any acros back to your tank. For the surviving pieces, continue to dip every few days and check for eggs. You should see improvement over time.

In the future discard any rocks and plugs that came with the frag or colony as dipping does not kill eggs.

Good luck in destroying all the fw.
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller