View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 02:23 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital
Default 105G Custom Shallow Paradise

I know what a few are probably thinking... "What? ANOTHER tank?" ... I know I know... For anyone who knows me really well, knows that this is just how I am with any of my hobbies... When I played paintball I went through 4-5 different guns, 3-4 different face masks, SO much clothing gear I could put a womans wardrobe to shame! As a photographer I've gone thru 2-3 different camera bodies, a ridiculous number of lenses. etc... It's just the way I am.

Aside from my compulsive buying nature, I also decided against continuing with my 187G build as I would like to wait until I'm not renting anymore, at which time I will go larger than 187, that reason coupled with my love of Tangs has persuaded me to upgrade my 30G Shallow cube, which I absolutely love because of its shallow design. I will continue the shallow look into my upgrade (1. Addicted to shallow tanks... 2.Save on tank cost).

Some pics of my inspiration and what I'm trying to go for look-wise.

Planning to have a fairly open sand bed and lower rock piles, ridges to create ample swimming space, as well as minimal scape to provide a sense of depth. This will be the first tank where I won't have any sort of back drop on the tank.

I have decided on getting a custom tank built by Red Coral to the dimensions of 72x24x14 trimless tank(with a 12.5" waterline). This makes upgrading the stand fairly simple as it becomes a basic addition to the current tank stand in heightxdepth. Current tank can stay running while I do the add-on.

I've already been working on the stand add-on. Will get some pics posted when I can take some.

This is just from when I was spacing out the tank to make sure it would fit...

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988

Last edited by JDigital; 11-10-2009 at 09:16 AM.