View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 06:10 PM

Reef-Geek is on a distinguished road

I have similar set up as your, do you only run at 20%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Storman View Post
You could always go with a couple of Radion xr30w Gen 4's. I have several and they are awesome! (IMHO)...
Because all 8 light channels are completely and individually programmable, along with a master brightness level, the sky is the limit as to the look and growth you desire.
Yes, cost is initially higher, but looking at the long term, no bulbs to replace every 6-9 month's, energy efficiency and greatly reduced power bills along with very cool and quiet operation along with wireless operation and cloud access from any device.
As the light is 'focused' downward, ecotech states that the coverage is about 36" x 36", but in actual fact, I am seeing good coverage in a pattern of about 24" x 24" based on a tank that is 26" deep. I have the lights mounted on the Multi Light Radion Mounting Solution. Lights are about 8 inches above the water. I have a cube which is 3 feet front to back so I opted to go with 3 XR30's as I can catch the back corners on each side.

Attachment 15746

Reeflink controller programming interface allowing wireless control of the Radions.

Attachment 15747