View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 04:18 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
If your only reason for ruling the Forester out is the fuel economy, I'd suggest that you wouldn't notice a huge difference between it and the Crosstrack in the real world. Coming from a truck; the extra height and space of the Forester might feel more at home to you.
That's what I was thinking, which is why I ruled the crosstrek out and played around with the forester. However I did have a 2013 forester and crosstrek side by side and the size difference isn't all that much, the biggest difference seemed to be a slightly more rounded ceiling to the cargo area as the crosstrek has a much more curved back end then the forester. But then I played with the trax for a bit that that didn't bug me which now has me going back to the crosstrek.

But yes fuel economy is my biggest concern right now, I think I cried a little inside when gas shot up past 1.50 earlier this summer. Thankfully were back down to 1.37 but still.... 100litre tank in the truck... 1 tank a week... my bank account is crying.

I likely would keep the back seats folded down on either model, give the dogs a bit more room.
Seems the subarus come with more standard like heated seats and fog lights that the chevs don't.

But that servicing info does help. Where I live its a bit of a further drive to get the Subaru to its own dealer for warranty work, otherwise I would take it to the GM dealer for anything else.