View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
I am trying to figure out the location of the outflow from your photos, but I just do not see it?

I used sponge on a previous micro bubble maker like you mentioned. That seemed to work well.
The Solana has 3 chambers in the back. The overflow on the left pushes the water down to the bottom of the first chamber where the skimmer is. Then the output water from the skimmer goes over the top of the first chamber and down into the second chamber and from there under to the last chamber. So under, over, under like you may do the baffles in a sump...but in a AIO, that doesn't work if the skimmer is already INSIDE one of the baffles! There should be baffles before the return pump if they had really thought of the design well. There is probably just enough room to do this in the Solana.

Anyways, I have added filter floss to the top of the second chamber right at the top of the water level. It traps almost all the bubbles although some of the finest ones still escape.

I don't like that I have to change the floss every few days but it collects all kind of other crap too, so I guess its worth it. If I were away for a few days, I would remove the floss. It could get really backed up.