Thread: Favourite Salt?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 11:54 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi View Post
Just bought a new salt to try. Since there was no one posting on this salt. S
Ive decided to be the forum guinea pig, i got the Aquavitro salinity. Each bucket has a guranteed value. My first batch had a really low alkalinity so I decided to mix the salt by pouring out the salt to another bucket and repeating that process by three times. My second batch of mix matched the results well. High calcium mag and alk.
Mixes cloudy. (Followed all the methods to mix salt, salt added to water then bringing up the temp but still cloudy. When added to the tank partially cloudy it cleared up within 15 minutes. Had no ill effects on my corals. Sps lps. Softies.
Liking it for the nice guranteed stats. Hate the mixing.

I also found fluval sea salt at aquariumswest in dt vancouver. The price is not to my liking so I passed.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Do a quick forum search you would be surprised @ some of the reviews.

Mini-crashed my tank with Ca levels off the chart, the mix left a precipitate as well. In addition to this I think Titus contacted them about screwed values, there response was to only mix the salt for like 30 mins.

I stopped using it for the obvious question, if I shouldn't mix it more than 30 minutes whats happening after I let it sit in my tank?