View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 02:51 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road
Default Neptune ATK

This time around I decided to purchase an ATO to keep the salinity consistent. I was able to manage this manually in my 150g but I’m sure there was a bit of swing happening as I work a variety of shifts. My fear of the ATO was for it to stick on and pump a bunch of water in to the sump causing the salinity to take a dive. I also was pretty worried that it would overflow etc.

I did a bunch of research on the ATO’s on the market and found that many have different fail safes to prevent disaster from happening. I really liked the idea of a magnetic mount optical sensor. I came across the Neptune ATK and was immediately sold (first Neptune product I have purchased). This ATO has a low water optical sensor, a high water optical sensor and a traditional plastic float valve if they fail.

I setup the ATO which was overall pretty simple to install. I did use the included siphon break as the water level in the 5g pail was higher than that of my return pump section. I had to fiddle around a little as the top optical sensor would ever so slightly be covered with water and trigger the 10 min alarm. I have since got it working and other then the siphon valve spraying when the pump turns in it a great unit. The pump itself is quiet, I love that the intake is on the bottom and the pump is compact. It sits upright making it run until there is absolutely no water left in the reservoir. I am temporarily using a 5g pail until I receive my glass ATO container which is around 15g.

Here are a couple photos.

ATK module, simple plug n play.

Magnetic mount with two optical sensors and traditional plastic float. Overall pretty compact but does take a bit of room in your return section.

Compact pump and attached siphon break.