Thread: lastlight's 404
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Yeah Greg as soon as I arrived at these dimensions I knew I'd have some explainin' to do haha. 8x3 is the largest piece of glass that fits down my stairs. The rest sorta fell into place with height being the only remaining factor i could tweak. My 392g was 30" high and that was without a doubt too high for my liking. The 225g was 24" which I liked but I had a real issue with upgrading to a tank that was shorter than my current tank which is 26" tall. So the choice was made =)

Amen on the starphire. Dave has 19mm starphire and I laid awake a few nights dreaming about it. In the end I couldn't commit.

As for sump access... one of my must-haves is a sump not under a stand. The sump will be right against the wall that touches the overflow end of the tank. So if you stand in the fishroom and face the overflow box the sump will be on your right. On a stand much to my sore back's delight.
The dimensions are identical to mine. I will say it is still a challenge reaching stuff that falls to the bottom without a "grab tool" although my tank stand height is 40" which I prefer over a 30" height. The 30" height is more designed to view the tank while sitting down which is fine but when my tank was that height I'd always be bending to see things in the top half when standing. Now it's hard to get people to step away from the tank to sit down.

Greg

Last edited by Snappy; 01-05-2011 at 07:08 PM.