View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 06:24 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin View Post
See i come from a back ground of monster fresh water fish, having a peace full reef tank with no blood shed is awesome and all but i need some action
I use to have a Snowflake eel I sold to Anthony (seahorse) years ago, Still have it? It always was fun to feed.
I kept it in a 55 with two toadfish i converted to saltwater from fresh and not another thing in the tank.
I got a 33G right now, probably give it 6 months till something bigger appears in my room
Im not to worried about it messing with my corals, i know they(snowflakes) go for crustaceans, my question would be, think my snails would live, like a giant ass turbo or something, something to keep the tank clean, i know my cleaner shrimp will become dinner.
Or another type of eel.
Ive seen a couple Ribbon eels around recently they look awesome, but kinda delicate.
Something that would be consider monster. have had my eye on some frog fish and J&L, anyone got any experince with them?

edit, oh and along the lines of reef safe..
I agree with the other comments. Your tank is to small to accommodate their growth.
Here is an excerpt from Robert Fenners, www.wetwebmedia.com. Ribbon eels are more than delicate.
"hinomuraena species, the Ribbon Moray Eels. Ninety nine percent plus do not live a month in captivity. Most starve, refusing all food. Next most common category of loss is escape through the smallest of top openings, or plumbing. Last is "simple stress".

The written record shows some people's success with netting food and eel together and shaking, training on select live skewered items; but most black to blue to all yellow female ribbon morays perish within a short while. You've been cautioned. Rhinomuraena quaesita: Fiji image at right or a changeling female and male. Below, a juvenile (black) and male in N. Sulawesi and a female in Mabul, Malaysia. Females are mostly to all yellow in color. "