View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 02:15 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorgon View Post
Haven't seen any ammonia or nitrite since last Friday and I haven't added any stability the last couple of days. Looks like the mini cycle is over! Now I can start trying to get my coral health back up.
Keep an eye on your NO2 for the next month just 'cause. Testing every couple days doesn't take much time. Remember, higher levels can starve your inhabitants of O2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorgon View Post
My params seem to be fine, but most corals don't seem happy. Do they just take more time to adjust to new lights/flow?
Many corals don't ship well, and being in a bucket together is not the best environment. They will 'fight' with each other, and the resulting coral warfare results in many deaths.
Corals are best shipped in separate bags. Losses can be minimized by dipping after shipping and follow the same rules as if you were to receive them new; acclimate over a couple/few hours.

If you have any left that look like they are worth saving, try dipping them in some TLF Coral ReVive.

The ones that are just growing algae should be tossed now.

My tank leak back in 2016 caused me to place 4 years of 75g growth into 2 x 26L tubs. The upset corals proceeded to kill each other overnight with excretions. I lost almost everything that night.
I was devistated to see the loss, and the smell was overwhelming

You'll recover.
Let the tank stabilize for a couple months, then slowly start adding stuff again.

Don't rush it. You've just moved in and I'm sure you can entertain yourself with other stuff

Keep the tank clean of algae, clean the sand/siphon with WCs, clean the glass, turkey baste the rocks weekly to help with the cycle/regular maintenance. If you use socks, change them weekly after blowing off your rock.
Couple/3 months and you'll be ready to start over.

Last edited by gregzz4; 10-18-2019 at 02:25 AM.