View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 01:24 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

I completed Aqua Scaping the Home Office Reef system last night. We used 100LB of live Tonga Rock from Exotic Reef in Toronto.

Video link
https://www.facebook.com/aqua.digita...3704512080625/

The Seneye Reef Monitor is reading as expected an ammonia spike of 0.174 which I am controlling with ProdiBio Start Up, another fantastic product for starting systems, the ammo loc naturally binding the ammonia and the BIoDigest super seeding the rock.

This is where the Seneye comes into its own! Having live up to the minute reports of the ammonia cycle gives me a birds eye view of how the system is stabilizing. I am impressed with the accuracy and also the minute readings it provides. I can now watch the system cycle in real time from my desk through www.seneye.me which logs all my data. Of course the Seneye Reef is far more than just ammonia monitoring, the pH temp O2 and of course the built in underwater light meter will come into play once the system goes livestock live.

The Ecotech Vectra M1 return pump is silent, makes a change for a return pump of this power, having access from my desk though Ecosmart live to fine tune the output to balance the water level to how I want it is a great feature. I have not got too involved yet in the Mp40's as I am still cycling, Once livestock arrives then we can start balancing the reef flow.

As for lighting, well with no fish or corals yet I have not added any, however stay tuned for September when I will reveal the lighting package for the tank.

I am currently running the GHL controller, I have to be honest, this unit has not advanced much in 10 years and it is showing its shortcomings. I have already been through a pH probe from new. I will be replacing the GHL as soon as something else comes out that I feel comfortable with.