View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough
Default Profilux 3 !

So if you've been following along you'll know that I run a Profilux II to control my various aquarium equipment. Well, the Profilux 3 came out not too long ago and I jumped on the upgrade bandwagon pretty much right away. Got a smoking deal on it from my favourite LFS (Red Coral Aquariums - thanks Kevin!!). Haven't had a chance to install the it until now though..

Ever wonder what the guts of a Profilux looks like?

The hardware upgrade itself was pretty easy once I found the instructions (online). One complaint I do have though is the fact that every set of instructions I found said in step 1 to remove the top of the controller, but none of them said how to do that! It took me a little while to figure it out. Those blue tabs just click in and out of place, then the top and bottom halves slide apart. No screws involved.

Anyway, here is the reassembled controller with the Profilux 3 upgrade installed.

The hardest part about the whole thing was actually reapplying all the settings as the upgrade pretty much wipes them all out. Good thing I wrote down everything.

And here we are back online!