View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:51 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Bummer. I'll be running this system at 79F.

I'm very glad that you chimed in about the temperature issue, as that was something I was totally unaware of. I did know that they require a VDSB, as they build their borrows four inches deep in the wild.

Now I really don't want a VDSB . . . The only consolation in it for me was the potential to house a blue spot jawfish.
I was totally unaware as well until the one I bought started fading in colour then stared getting blotchy patches then stopped eating then died After asking around about what on earth could of caused it, I found out about their issues with higher temps. Totally made sense to me as when I 1st got my BSJ it was early spring and was cool outside and my tank sat around 76. Unfortunately as summer hit and the house heated up so did my tank but it was sitting around 79-80 so I didn't think to much of it. Until I noticed my BSJ going downhill fast and found out they do better in colder tanks, sadly by then it was to late to reverse the effects Now I try to let others know so they don't have to go through what I did.