View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough
Default So, who else has been bitten by the Fairy/Flasher/Leopard Wrasse bug? PICS ADDED!!!!

I changed up my bioload/stocking plan and decided to go hard-core into reef-safe wrasses with my present setups. The nice thing is that if they get along, then you can keep more different colourful species of r-s wrasses than with the larger fish that I normally kept before.

Now I have:

Blue flasher
Filament flasher
Carpenter's flasher
Temminckii fairy
Exquisite fairy
2 x Orange back fairy
Solarensis fairy
Lubbock's fairy
Yellow Flank fairy
Green wrasse
Cleaner wrasse
Ornate Leopard
Leopard wrasse (2 reg. females)
Potter's Leopard
Surprisingly, almost all these wrasses get along (probably because I feed frequently and heavily). My baby girl, Isabella, loves to watch the colourful wrasses swimming around, which is one of the reasons I started this collection.

I'm finding that as long as the new wrasse survives the initial harassment from the Candy Hogfish, then it hides for a day or two before joining the gang.

The second female reg. Leopard Wrasse is still finding its way into the hierarchy but its eating mysis and I'm hoping that it's presence will trigger the other female (or itself) to morph into a male (green-blue colour) leopard wrasse.

So, just wondering how many others are getting into these colourful little reef-safe fish?

Anthony

Last edited by SeaHorse_Fanatic; 12-23-2011 at 06:21 AM.