Thread: Greg's 75g
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

So the sump isn't turning out half bad, even with the near-miss on the drilling. I moved the baffle positions a slight bit and one of them intersects the bad hole ... problem solved. The silicone is curing, so there won't be any pics yet as I want to clean up all the finger prints and such.
I did have a couple small setbacks today ...
-I have to order another piece for the light mod, so that's on hold.
-I tried to find a way to mount a filter sock in the sump, but it's not going to happen.
Plowing along with the blinders on, thinking I want as much return pump volume as possible, I didn't take the time to think about where I might mount a filter sock next to the skimmer. I bought 7" rimmed socks to swap one a week or so, but I just cannot make a bracket due to my shortsightedness. I may be able to use the socks, but think I am going to have to use a filter bag slipped up the outlet pipes. Oh well, not a big deal.
The rest of the RO/DI shipment should be here Thurs or Fri so at least I might be able to start making water by the end of the weekend.
And the tank/stand may be here next week so I can start cutting the wall apart for the plumbing/electrical.