View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:30 AM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

Alright, here we are, all caught up. I actually have put my livestock in a couple of days ago. Things are looking good. I haven't done the FINAL aquascape or permanently placed any corals yet as I want to look at it a while before I make those decisions and move things around until I am satisfied. I am loving it though and am really happy with the way it's coming together.
I took some measurements and I have a few questions. This is copied from a separate thread that I started, if you are following along and have any suggestions or answers please answer here.

My Parameters are all kinda low for NSW.
Calcium - 330
Alk - 7.7
Mag - 900

Not sure what's going on with those numbers. The salt was mixed in the tank(empty) 10 days ago and I added the rock a week ago.... corals a couple days ago.
Could it be that the Reef Crystals was a "bad" batch? I did have a fair amount of sediment after mixing the salt. I assume calcium precipitation, but it wasn't too drastic...

I have a GEO 612 Calcium Reactor, I still need to clean it and get the tank filled. Should I be in a rush?

Anyway here's my question. How fast should I get the calcium reactor online. Do I need to bring my levels up a little before bringing it online like I would before using kalk? First time calcium reactor user... long time wanter.... Any tips?

Thanks

Last edited by Fesso; 10-15-2014 at 03:32 AM.