View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 10:55 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drfu View Post
Im thinking to be safe before trying my waste water i need to buy a portable tds test meter & also a hardness test kit, anyone have ideas in Calgary for an inexpensive one that works okay for my use?
also remember Calgary has very hard water to start with, get a water report for your area and see what kinds of chemicles/elements are in it, take that number and tripple it and decide if you want that in your tank. remember thoes meters you are thinking of won't tell you what makes up the TDS only what the final number is.
also there are several water quality reports from lakes that might have the type of fish you have you can look at to compare. I find people do everything they can to get the perfect water quality for there salt water thanks but then just use tap water and not worry about it with there fresh water tanks, water quality is just as important for one as the other.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.