View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
If the species on the list are deemed threatened we as hobbyists should be the first to fully support the legislation!!
In general I would agree. In the case of this proposed legislation, perhaps not. There is no distinction being made as to wild-collected, versus aquacultured or mariculture.

Thus your statement here, for example:

Quote:
We should not be bringing in any wild fish or coral where aquacultured are available.
... wouldn't even matter anymore if aquacultured or not .. it is simply a blacklisted species. A 1" frag of a coral that's been in a tank for the last 10 years is treated the same as a freshly collected wild colony. As hobbyists we know there is a difference, but if the legislation makes no effort to distinguish them then even aquacultured and captive propagation efforts are effectively shut down.

Last edited by Delphinus; 04-04-2013 at 10:06 PM.