View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 09:23 PM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

I started with a Jebao 4 channel on the reef tank and swapped it out with a Kamoer F4 for improved peace of mind. The kamoer heads are clearly higher quality than the jebao unit and I'd get the kamoer over the jebao any day because it's easier to program.

The F4 was not simple to set up on the Wifi initially (and I'm trained with industry experience in enterprise wireless networking). Once it's set up though it's far easier to program than the jebao because I just have to set the total amount of dosing for each channel per day, start & stop period, and how many times, and it calculates everything else itself. If I notice my kH changing I just raise/lower the 2 part channels' totals and I'm done. With the jebao it was a re-calculation for all sorts of crap and it took forever to punch in on the little LCD/button UI. But if you don't know much about networking and your router can't bridge your wireless devices together then you're going to have a bad time. In that case I'd recommend something with a bluetooth connection since it'll be more straight forward.

The Kamoer also maintains an estimate of how much fluid is left and it's fairly accurate.

My main criticism of the Kamoer units is you HAVE to use an app from the app store to use them. If the company ever goes under, your functional unit is garbage. I wish they had web interfaces you could connect to with a regular browser but that's not included at that price point.

I've used the kamoer for over a year now and the jebao for 2 years.