View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 03:48 PM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road
Default Steve Tyree's chat the other night

Here is what I have found as far as a spike at 450nm. 175W only tho.

The Xanium2
Coralife 20000K
Blueline 10000K
Red Sea 10000K
Aquatic Lighting Systems 12000K

So anyone else curious about this lighting topic?

I find it interesting to actually have an idea now where my lighting is lacking with regards to the full spectrum. Anyone willing to try and fill the gaps? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Give my pocket book enough time to recover from setting up a new system and I might do it.

Oh I know Brad. :D I know. Knew that was coming. ;) LOL!

And I agree with you about finding what you enjoy or works for your system. That is why my tank is staying as it is. I was thinking about ushio 10KK(and tried one for looks) but found my 6500 looked as good with twice the intensty IMO.

Even before this article tho I was thinking about throwing 2x175's with a bluer spectrum on instead of actinics. Still curious about it. Bet it would look nice. If it fills gaps in my lighting hey so be it. I wouldn't mind seeing a tank where higher K bulbs are used to supplement a higher intensity bulb. In person that is. I have seen pics. But I know first hand how misleading those are. Look at the shots of my tank with the 10KK and 65KK on it. They look identical.

I don't have a spouse.. All the money goes to me. :D hee hee. And I enjoy messing around with this tank and other little projects. You should know that. Now that school is done it will get worse. :D

[ 06 June 2002, 11:57: Message edited by: DJ88 ]