Thread: Job hunting
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 04:56 PM

reef-keeper is on a distinguished road
Default Job hunting

I started this as a blog again. Does anybody read Blogs???
Sorry but I have to get this off my chest. I am currently un-employed and have been searching for work since May (not that hard through the summer months). I am a licensed automotive mechanic with over thirty years under my belt. Well I posted a resume on indeed and was called to come for an interview. I went to meet with the person who called me. First I had to fill out a application and security check. Then had to write a couple number reading tests. Fine. Then I was interviewed by a lady and was very pleased. She said that I have to talk with the supervisor please wait in the lobby. I see this young fellow come talk to the lady that I just talked to. He hands her some papers and walks away. The lady come over to me and says "I'm sorry we can't hire you. We only hire people with a high school diploma." I got my license in 1986 with a red seal at a time when I did not need a diploma. I figure that with the 30+ years working on equipment that wouldn't be that big of a deal.
I think that because of the no high school I was refused work was strange. I would like to hear your thoughts on this..