Thread: Flatworm Exit?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 03:00 AM

The-new-guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
Oh, I think I should respond to this... Flatworm exit is intrisically safe (I've used it numerous times without a single unexpected loss) for everything but the flatworms. The problem arrises with the death of the flatworms.

The 10g when I first treated (2005?); had a horrid infestation - water turned orange almost immediately.... I don't follow directions; kinda ignored that part about turkey baster/powerheads/ getting out as many as possible. Carbon in a AC300 and 2x 80% w/c's was easily able to keep things in check. No losses, and if I recall I was amazed at the pod population explosion after.

Just retreated my 65g last week; didn't spend any time trying to get out the flatworms I could... Guessed at a volume of 100g total (closer to 80ish), doubled the dose - cuz I'm sick of treating this tank for flatworms... No issues 30g w/c after, used a filter sock on one of the sump returns filled with carbon to remove as much as possible.

And thanks for reminding me - I'm gonna go dose the 65g again to make sure I got em all :P
+1

I have used exit a few times with no problems. My 6 line ( the only fish in the tank) did not miss a beat. The tank only has soffties and LPS in it but all opened up that day and the days to follow. Just run carbon after.