View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 AM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL

There's actually a small hole just below the water level (if you look you can see some bubbles coming out of it) gets rid of the big "bloop" from the surge. Above the water line would act as a venturi (tried that) I'm good with the bubbles as is - i know many hate them, and yes salt creep is already a royal pain in the arse - but the surge motion is really neat in comparison to the more laminar flow patterns we're used to seeing in a tank...

Tony - you'll notice you never see shots of the rest of the basement the other 500 sq feet is the 6yr olds playroom... I'm contemplating buying a nice skidsteer so I can clear a path to the tanks

I could play - but I don't think a T'd riser would help out - in fact with the rush of the surge - I'd almost bet it would act as a venturi... If I really wanted - I could switch to the toilet bowl style surge system - eliminates the tail end bubbles of the syphon breaking; but I like the simple physics operation of this configuration.
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.

Last edited by AndyL; 06-24-2009 at 06:17 AM.