View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:28 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

And since I had the camera out I figured I'd snap a few more pics..

Dual colour (green and orange) octospawn (not to be confused with octomom).

War Coral

Long tentacle fungia plate coral

One of my two Maximas. (the other one that Catherine asked me to photograph).

Halloween Hermit Crab.

Sexi in the Maxi.

Glass shrimp in the maxi?

While I was taking pictures this time around something occurred to me. I noticed that a larger number of my SPS had more growth tips than usual. Then it dawned on me that this actually happens every summer (save for the summers where the corals are dying slow horrible death).

Here's a blue stag that browned out earlier this year, then did nothing more months until just recently.

This mille had a slow steady growth, but just recently I noticed an explosion of growth tips.

There are a few other frags and colonies exhibiting this explosion in growth tips which is kinda cool. I am going to surmise that this is due to the heat. It's well known that many organisms metabolisms are directly tied to the temperature of their surroundings. Or more specifically, their body temperature. In the winter time my temp would max out at maybe 79 or 80. I had pretty steady growth through the winter months. However, since spring/summer hit my temps now top out at 82/83 (which is normal for my tank). Has anyone else observed this phenomenon ?

A few wider shots.