View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:07 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Wow I love that fish. He's amazing and seems pretty darn plump too. Are you planning on keeping him for his full lifespan?
Full lifespan? Sure...but does anybody know what that is? I'm obviously concerned about how large he might actually get, but I would say his growth rate has slowed a bit lately. (slower..meaning less than 1" per month!) I think if he gets much beyond 2 feet long, it is going to be a problem. Just checked...I've had him in the tank for exactly 1.5 years now.

For obvious reasons, you just don't see people post images of N. vlamingi at full maturity. For over a year, Freckles had no visible sign of the Naso twin spines...but in the last few months they are starting to show. Maybe they never develop beyond small bumps, but spine-wise...he's still a baby.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436