View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 04:14 AM

Potatohead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockworm View Post
If I had known there would be such a delay, I would have gone to an US seller. I accepted the distributor's estimated deliver through my local LFS. I trust my LFS and have since discovered that these delays are common with the Canadian distributor. This comes not just from my LFS, but also from others who have contacted me. The LFS contacted the distributor three times after the order was placed. I finally received word today that it is being shipped from Montreal and will be here Tuesday. The distributor was more than willing to charge the LFS an additonal $90 dollars to get it here for today. They did not accept responsibility for the delay and neither I nor the LFS feel that the extra delivery charge was reasonable. This speaks to the integrity of the distributor and in the future I will try to avoid ordering products that they carry.

I do note that the US prices are somewhat comparable to Canadian prices, but once you add the shipping and import charges (broker charges) plus the taxes, you are looking at a 20% higher price. Once you are above $1000 this adds up.

I do have a large system and expecting fast replacement of equipment may not be directly available from Canadian sources. However, distributors should have something in place for timely accomodation. I don't expect them to carry all products, but they should be set to get them in short order if needed by a consumer. Maybe my expectations are too high.
Bummer situation.

I believe it is likely the distributor did not have the skimmer in stock when you ordered it, and it has simply taken them this long to get it from the US. I absolutely believe if they are going to offer products in a certain market they should always have three months supply in stock, and one at minimum for slower moving items. Unfortunately dealing with large companies and large distributors every day I realize this is usually not the case. I don't imagine there are too many SRO6000's in the country. I hope your skimmer comes soon.