View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz View Post
So all in all, are you happy with your choice of lights or do you wish you'd gone another route??
I am very happy with the choice I made. These light are designed to grow coral and I can tell you first hand it does a better job then my halide(250 pheonix 14k) ever did. I like the controll, intensity, and the much less heat transfered to the tank. I am a huge fan of the modular design, it allows me to add or remove units as I see fit, but on the other hand mounting is a pain.

Unlike most, when I changed over to leds I did ramp up and down for a few hours but during the peak hours I ran them full blast. I strongly believe this is the only reason all the sps has kept its colors. If you are looking to switch to led I would recommand you instead of changing the intensity of the leds, do the same time period as your original lighting, do your sunraise and sunset as you wish but just hang'em higher around 18" awl then slowly bring'em down. I found that worked way better for me.

Anyways, I am 100% satisfied with my AI, If you gave me a choice to do it again I know I will pick the same route even though I am a tech junkie which I think says alot for these lights.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013

Last edited by Bblinks; 02-29-2012 at 07:04 PM.