View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:35 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

It's really sad but you are in no way responsible. YOu did this with good intention and it's been working for years so you had no way to predict this outcome.

Sh** happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
It seems I accidently killed my CBB. I just feel terrible.

I have some large, very greedy fish and the CBB doesn't always get his share at feeding time. I drilled some 1/4" holes in a small plastic box with lid. Put some fresh clam meat, mussels etc in it, weigh it down with a small rock so it sinks. None of the other fish can get their noses in so the CBB gets it all to himself. I have been doing this a couple times a week for years and he was fat & healthy. Last night I got called away for an emergency and got home late. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to remove the plastic box. It seems he got his nose stuck in the box and then in panic got the box wedged in the rockwork. I found him this morning beat up badly and barely alive. I removed him to the QT but he died shortly after. I'm guessing while caught in the rock he was panicked and stressed. One or more of the other fish attacked him as there were several large bites on him. Bloody fish are just like chickens: Pick on the weak one! Possible culprits would be the Tuskfish, Sailfin or Angel: They are the most aggressive and happen to be the largest as well.