View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:57 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road
Cool stocking for fowlr

So heres the deal, since we will be buying a house in the spring, we want to do a larger system, 2 DTs sharing one sump most likely but the details are still up in the air. i want a 120g reef and the Mrs wants a predator tank. I was thinking of using the current cube for the predator tank, but this would really limit options for fish. so I'm now looking at 75-100g for this one.

she loves dog faced puffers, but I see they get quite large 1' + and porcupine puffers are the same requiring a large tank.

I have suggested so far,

-The dog faced puffer, get a young one and once he gets a little bigger trade him off to a bigger tank
-A selection of angels
-maybe some eels or something
-boxfish again til it outgrows to trade out
-triggers

pretty basic really, but am I missing anything? I am trying to coax her into researching this one on her own and possibly signing up here, but in the mean time thought I'd educate myself a bit.

what are some other options, i know there are lots of wrasses and others. main thing is she wants the weird looking ones, but as said most get quite large :P

thanks in advance guys, I'm starting to figure out reefing but as far as non reef safe fish go, I'm clueless once again.

Last edited by Nano; 09-03-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: cause I felt like it ;)