Thread: Orphek or AI
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerner2 View Post
Yea, your right not dimmable.......Guess I will just stick with my MH.....wait a minute....those aren't dimmable.....Guess i will throw those out too.......My PC on my nano aren't dimmable....in the trash they go.....

Really????

Why is dimming such a big deal....people use this one argument for this fixture or that fixture....Very VERY few fixtures have any sort of automatic ramping on their dimming features....

i'm more concerned about the look, coverage and results.....I refuse to 86 anything just because it doesn't have dimming....

We've done very well for all these years without dimming....I don't think at this point dimming is something that I am ready to base the health of my system on....

As for shock on the corals...the argument that ramping eases the daily cycle for our tanks make sense to me...I'm not totally ignorant on logic but man....at every step with LEDs all I hear about it dimming.......

Still waiting to see a truly grown under LED tank with big colonies.
Ever think there is other reasons for dimming? Dim the white bulbs for a more blue effect or increase the white and dim the blue for growth. You ask for peoples opinions on these two fixtures and then trash their comments, if you don't want a dimmable fixture then take the AI's off your list and don't bother people for their opinions anymore.