Thread: cloudy water
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 05:03 AM

roblarss is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply.

I havent really been messing with a whole lot during this. The tank is alot of acans, zoas, other lps some sps. I started dosing a little while back and figured that the imbalance was causing the issue. Heater is removed when I found it. Carbon is fresh recently. The skimmer is tuned so that it will actually skim something. If I put it any wetter it pops the lid off the cup and makes the sump look like someone tossed brown dishsoap in it.

I lowered the feedings. Noone wants to eat. I feed very minimal (about 50% ) what i used to feed since no fish are eating when I see them. I never really did feed high amounts.

My temp today is 24.5-25C (76-77F) It has been around this temp forever.

I have been thinking about putting an air stone in the tank to help oxygen.

Hopefully now that the chemical imbalance is mostly taken care of now the bacterial issue will slowly be dealt with. I have read many articles about bacterial blooms and most say to wait it out.. Some say that water changes can make it worse. It has been 12 days and the fish I occasionally see seem fine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwB...ew?usp=sharing

This revolting thing was cleaned 2.5 hours ago. When I came home from work the lid was popped off and the foam was covering the sump to the skimmer cup. There was about 1" liquid in it.

Hopefully soon the tank will turn around soon.