View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:06 PM

George is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyCane View Post
So since I got my RBA in august
- it has gone from a rich orange colour with a green base
- then to a florecent red with a white base
- It also went from being happy at the top of my tank where there was flow and lots of light
- now underneith a pile of rocks on the bottom of the tank where there is no light and probably very little flow.
-it never has bubbles and barely any tenticles to speak of
-its stalk is healthy and its able to move quickly around the rocks and attach very well

I'm very concerned with whats going on and I would apreciate any tips as to what could have caused these changes and how I can caux him back into what he was.
How big is your tank? What light are you using?

Quote:
Water parimeters:
specific gravity- 0.0252
Ammonia- 0ppm
nitrite- 0ppm
nitrate- very trace amounts
I hope your SG is 1.0252 BTW , what device do you use to measure SG to get an accuracy of 0.0002

Quote:
I dose the tank with:
Strontium
Iodide
liquid calcium
magnesium ions
Fuel
directly feed corals with chromaplex and coral accel

I do RO water top offs in the morning and at night to keep salt levels in check
Do you measure any of above parameters? especially strontium, Iodide? Fuel (amino acid) may not do reef tanks any good.
Back to the RBTA, does it have any tentacles left? Are the tentacles sticky (i.e. when you feed it food, does it stick to the tentacles?) If they are still sticky, try to feed it. If it doesn't eat and hiding in a place with little light, your RBTA is no hope. I suggest you getting it out and giving it to a more experience reefer. my $0.02.