Thread: Ghl or apex
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 11:57 PM

rockworm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toongraeme View Post
So I'm looking to have it do the basics. Lights, temp, ph, possibly calc reactor, but more than likely adding a doser. I could kick myself, I had a ghl slave, but sold it as I didn't think I'd go that route. I might also go led and I do run tune power heads. I know I need an adaptive for tune on ghl. But what I've seen so far is if I don't have the initial investment in the apex, everything is an add on..... I'm swayed to wards ghl, but at the same time know apex is so readily available here....
I have been using GHL for a number of years and have never regretted it. I have the 3.1 ex controller and 3 doser units. I use two GHL switchable powerbars(the older 6 socket units). The average start up system provides the temp, salinity and PH probe. I run tunze pumps and you will only need the Tunze1/Tunze2 wires to run it through the Profilux. There was a major issue with support in the past. However, over the last two years, GHL has made a concerted effort in upping their support in North America. A few months back, I bought the Mitras LEDs and had a problem with the setup. Support had me up and running from my Profilux controller within a day.

There was also a matter of not having inventory available. This is no longer the case. They have an USA warehouse that has pretty much everything and the only delays I experience are the typical shipping delays. There are a couple of Canadian distributors, but pricing is US so there will be dollar conversions. I do not know if there is a similar issue with Apex products.

This is just my experience and observations while using GHL products for the last 6/7 years.