View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 02:20 PM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Near an outside wall, you can probably install a 180g anyway. Some condos will have a max size in the strata rules. Always make sure your insurance covers water damage, just in case.
In the apartment I used to rent I had a 180g, 2 x 135g, a 90g, and a 45g top off for the 180. The building was 38 years old when I moved out, so I would say a 180g, at the least, would be fine. Oh ya, I was on the 4th floor. And agreed on the insurance point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamed View Post
I checked my strata rules regarding pets/aquariums....

I am allowed to only keep a "reasonable number of fish". Open to some interpretation, wouldn't you say?
When I bought my condo, there was nothing in the bylaws regarding fish. I had to make sure a bylaw was made so I could make the deal and also continue the hobby. (Part of the reason for the move was upgrading my saltwater tanks. Needed a more solid base). Anyway, this is the bylaw (reasonable number of fish) they came up with. Definitely open to interpretation. Is 100 feeder goldfish in a 30g a reasonable number of fish? Is 15-20 saltwater fish in a 180g a reasonable number of fish?