Thread: Kamloops area
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 08:12 PM

wolf_bluejay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I would like some land, have seen a few with 10Acers or more, but 5 would do me as I would like to get a few horses if it works out.. Told the wife I would settle for Quads if we couldn't get enough land haha.

What are the wells like out pritchard way, do they produce lots of good water? and as far as water goes what is the groung water quality in you neck of the woods?

Realy I don't mine where I live as long as it is freehold land (not leased) , about 30 min or less from town, and the kids can get bus service to school. I would also like to be in a shaw service area for the internet/tv but I can work around that if I have to.

If I am in town I would like a river valley/city view, out of town what ever.. I grew up on a farm in Alberta, so I am leaning towards the land and trees thing.

hmm a friend of ours said to not look at batchlor hights or brock, I'll have to find out why.

Steve
If you want 5 Acers, you'll be out side of the city. Nothing in brock, batch heights with that room. Maybe in barnhartvale area, but not anywhere else in the city. As for the bus routes to school. Don't worry about that too much, the Kamloops/Thompson school district IS BIG. (from Logan Lake, to Chase, to clearwater, to Heffley Creek) Bus service for the rural areas is quite good. I can't think of many places that don't get bus service that are not REALLY in the boonies.

Well water is a whole different story -- generally if you are in the valley bottom, you get lots of water, but it is usually a bit high on Iron (700 tds). But up on the hills you either get good/lots of water or you get none. You drill 50 ft over and you hit water. Even if the neighbouring properties have water all over, don't count on it until you see water flowing.

Most areas close to the city (barnhartvale, rayliegh) have city fed water, and those on the kamloops line have RO water out of the tap. (Yay!, 3 ppm water out of the tap).