View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 AM

Midway is on a distinguished road

What keeps me going in this exciting hobby? Well I was so close to shut down when I did the stupidest thing in this hobby so far (hopefully last one ever). I took my 90 gals sump offline because I did build a refugium in there, not to make the history long, I ended up killing every single fish I had because of lack of oxygen in the tank. Because i had to wait for the silicone to cure over night, i completely forgot that one of the pumps that was stirring the surface got shutdown at night back then and there it was, no sump to bring oxygen to the DT through the skimmer and return pump.

Next day I almost drop to the floor when i went to check the tank and saw all my beloved fish dead. I went into a mild depression right after that and I thought I'm done with this hobby. My wife when into a shock when she found out what I'd done but I'm still in this hobby because of my very beloved wife that encouraged me to keep going and to be more careful from there on.

After that disaster, I've been going even stronger that before, almost weekly water changes, checking parms, dosing alk, mag and calc, because of that my tank is looking better than ever. Maybe that had to happen so I had to be more serious and discipline when taking care of our reef. Don't be discourage keep going you won't regret it.

Man get to know yourself and you will get to know the Universe and the Gods!!