View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:44 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Has the U of A hospital actually given approval to have a 600g tank built in the Stollery wing? I only ask because there is no Stollery or UofA Hospital logo on your website and usually there is for fundraisers approved by the hospital. Also the Sick Kids and Alberta Kids links on the site don't go to anything related to a fish tank sponsorship. I have seen others with their hearts in the right place set up fund raisers for hospitals and museums for items they were sure they could use only to be told that they couldn't except the donation and I want to make sure this isn't the same case before I do any type of donating. Thanks.
+1

600g seems like a huge undertaking for the U of A to be supportive of. I think having a tank for the children to enjoy is a great idea, but 600g is a lot of work and a big expense to maintain year after year. Honestly a 30g to max of 180g would be more realistic, and even then I'm not sure where a 180g would fit never mind a 600g in the hospital. I will try to call the hospital in the morning to see if I can get any further information about this project.