View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
...Are you happy with the build quality?

.. was that acrylic doesn't stick to silicon/glass and some of my baffles started falling over. I haven't fixed it yet, but you might want to research what others have done to combat this.
I am very happy with the build quality. I have inspected every inch of it and it just looks fabulous all around. Polished edges are nice and smooth, silicone is nice and clean, walls are nice and straight :-)

I was somewhat paranoid about this too so I may have over engineered the baffles.. ie, I put gobs and gobs of silicone on.. hehe! That's why it looks like the baffles were installed by a monkey. Did I mention that there were gobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Kien's just being modest. He actually carried the tank strapped to his back on his crotch rocket motorbike. I offered to help him carry it home but he was insistent he do it himself. At work on Friday he was using the tank as his coffee mug!
LOL! nice :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb0la11 View Post
Looking good Kien. Definitely like Colby's work on tanks. I might go with him for my next tank, but I have a feeling that wont be for 4-5 years haha.

One thing your build shows is that I need to learn how to use my camera cause my shots look like garbage compared to yours.
Thanks! Ya, as I said already, I'm very very pleased with his work. It was worth every penny and let me tell you, there were quite a few pennies involved!

I'm looking forward to plumbing this bad boy up during the course of this week. Targeting Sunday to start water testing it.