View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 04:26 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitybc View Post
I have 10 XR15s and 2 XR30s. I will try that to begin with and if that’s not enough I will grab three of the 4 foot T5 retrofit kits. That would add another 800 watts of T5.

So far I’m planning on putting two eductors on the return side which should flow around 2K / h. Also on each side will be a MP40 & 60. I will try and favour sending more water to the overflow side. Along the back I have 4 gyres spaced out with the thought of adding more if needed. That should give a nice rolling motion front to back.
I ran a closed loop before and wasn’t thrilled with it, it made changing the flow a huge ordeal, plus had a bulkhead gasket leak and vowed never to have holes drilled far below the water line again
I really like the gyres flow though, they’re a pain to clean but I’m planning on keeping spare assembles then just swap the parts and tossing them in vinegar.
Looks amazing! Wow!

My experience so far with a Gyre XF350 is that after a few months, it has become quite loud. No matter how much I clean it, the sound is noticeable in my living room. I previously had an older MP40 which I could hear but was quieter.