View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 06:56 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Over the last few days I have been bringing my salinity up from 1.023 to 1.026. I also found my ammonia badge and a few other miscellaneous tank things I was having trouble finding!

I added the ammonia badge and it's been saying no ammonia. I tested the water Wednesday and ammonia and nitrites were 0. Yesterday ammonia and nitrites were both at 0.25. weird that it wasn't being picked up by the ammonia badge. I have cleaned out the cover over the mp10 and switched out the filter socks. I went to go do a water change with the 5 gallons of water I had left over from the move and unfortunately my dad had combined water from the bucket with the rocks with the leftover fresh saltwater... So water change had to be pushed back to today while I made new water. That was my fault I should have checked before hand! I did add some amguard and hooked up the airstone and have kept that running. Also had some windows open yesterday to try and add at least a bit of fresh air to the house.

Params yesterday were
Salinity: 1.026
pH: 7.8
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 0.25
Nitrate: 5

Fish are looking good. I didn't feed them yesterday and will do a light feeding tonight.

Some corals are looking better, some worse and a few haven't changed.

I have been having some issues with my tunze ato. I have to unplug it for feeding(I take some tank water to thaw mysis shrimp in) and then plug it back in when I have fed the fish. It seems like Everytime I unplug and plug the ato back in it fills. And does this if it needs to or not. Is this normal? It has over filled a couple times now doing this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk