View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 04:42 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
Started off with a slow decline in sps health a solid year ago. Tested for everything, inspected corals with a microscope, checked water sources/chemicals/salt mix, etc. to no avail. I just waited it out. Once the death, ~50% of the sps finished up, I pruned and waited. There was a bloom of cloves across the rockwork that became a big problem. I spent months researching treatments and building up the courage to dose the entire system. Finally, after a big dose of fenbendazole, the tank was close and gsp free. Then came the inevitable algae bloom. I handled it in stride with water changes and within two t over reacting. I’m coming out the end of it now. Corals are coming back strong. Lost a couple things that make me sad.

In the end I don’t know what happened. I personally feel I motivated the damage as best as possible and am going to come out with Project Mayhem V.2

I’m going through similar, losing a good chunk of SPS and can’t stop it. Not sure what worked for you? I have been doing water changes, tested all parameters and everything is spot on. Is it possible that the salinity swing would take its toll still weeks after?