Thread: GoPro reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 04:00 AM

EarthEaterBob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
I also plan on getting these arms.
These are the filters I bought.
I am fairly certain you need the green filter for cold water diving off the BC coast. The red filters are meant for blue water.
Don't get conned on one of those arms, they are just loc-line tubing you can get from J&L for a fraction of the price. With some playing around with connecters and adapters you can save a pretty penny.

You need a red filter because the red spectrum of light is the first to disappear when light goes through water (anywhere). However, if you have a video light, a red filter is redundant because you are providing a full spectrum light source.

Great video and pictures daplatapus Water looks really clear on the island! Over here we are just getting over some 1' viz, keeping track of students is a nightmare when you can barely see your own hands Getting a tray definitely helps with stabilizing footage. I really like my Archon D11v video lights, they are cheap too, only $40~50 a pop.

I'll show off my video of a stubby squid eating a shrimp I caught recently during a night dive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iez...ature=youtu.be

edit: That sony cam looks sweet! I think it'd be great to rig onto the side of your head for a constant running head cam without having a block sitting on top of your head. I wonder if the stabilization software works for divers with unsteady hands?

Last edited by EarthEaterBob; 03-19-2015 at 04:04 AM.