View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
Nice job, I love the deep dimension tanks, only think I don't care for is the way the braces are in the water, I reduced my flow and opened up the teeth in the overflows to lower the water enough so you don't see them on mine, what are the plans for skinning the stand?
I did modified the overflow a bit but I think I need to do a bit more to lower the over flow level. One thing I did do is change the durso over to herbie, what a difference that made. ULTRA QUIET. I would recommend any of you who is starting a new tank to use herbie.

As far as skinning the tank, I will give it an honest attempt this weekend, we will see how it will turn out! I want to pick up a couple of sheets of oak or maple. I was thinking to use magnets and counter sink them into the each panel, so it will hold them to the metal stand. I want to split the front into 2 separate pieces in the front and 1 piece on either end and leave the back open. just incase I mess it up, I have a guy who did my stand for the 210 will come over and help me with it.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013