View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 07:15 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

I am finally ready to add fish to my system but same as above, can't really find any.

I found one fish at a local store that I wanted but I needed to set up my QT so I couldn't buy it the day I first saw it. A few weeks went by and I did not have the time to go back, until yesterday. I called ahead and was excited to find out that they still had the fish! It was a $400 fish so I guess it's not shocking that it was still there. After waiting in line for a while, I found out that the same fish, not same species but EXACT SAME fish is now $600!

Long story short, they claim that since it would cost too much to 'replace' it, that is 'doesn't make sense' to sell it any cheaper. Just a BS excuse... so much for customer service. I just realized I have shopped there for 14 years and I would hate to think of how many thousands I have spent. I'll never go back knowing this is how they do business.

Until this experience I would say that the pandemic was not effecting my tank and I think it made me slow down a little and not overstock. Now I would just say it's frustrating but... first world problems lol.

(I also left without buying some equipment that I had planned to pick up, which I will just buy online now. I have always avoided buying online unless this shop did not have what I needed.)

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 06-22-2020 at 07:20 PM.