View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 10:26 PM

rsisvixen is on a distinguished road

Well update, the worst of the diatoms have been taken care of by the ceriths, just a bit left on the glass.
Ceriths have been laying eggs so I'm assuming between the baby ceriths and the copepods my glass should be clean in a week-they seem to be eating roughly 2 square inches a day.
Added a red grape macro algae and a Coral Banded shrimp ( not the easiest to get a pic of as he hides during the day ) Just moulted last night as well.
Also have a few blue leg hermits, hard to keep track of them-they seem to change shells everyday ( must be females )
Got my first batch of fish in QT, 5 vanderbuilt chromis, although depressingly lost 4 overnight the first night-not sure why as all my parameters are perfect, did a proper acclimatisation and they were all fine just before lights out. So I have no idea what happened. Last one is fat, eats like a pig and swims about just fine. My theory is either there was something already troubling those 4 and the change to a new place was enough to kill them or the big one chased the others till they died during the night. ( Probably the most fish I've ever lost overnight in all my years of fish keeping)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4532.jpg (28.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4538.jpg (47.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4550.jpg (42.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4551.jpg (44.1 KB, 43 views)