View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 12:24 AM

Fishy! is on a distinguished road

Well here's where I'm at with this build:
We took a trip out to Edmonton on Thursday to watch the leafs play the oilers. On Friday we spent the morning and afternoon at the west Edmonton mall before driving to Calgary.
Saturday was quite the adventure, we spent all day touring the fish stores in Calgary, 7 of them to be exact. Got to take a look at my new display and frag tank before they were wrapped up for the trip home. We ran into a little bit of a snag. It turns out that the stand I had ordered, after searching the entire store and compound, never got forwarded off to the stand builder, who happened to be standing there while we were looking for the stand. Needless to say my truck was going to get loaded up to head back to Regina short a stand. This was handled swiftly by Dave, he committed to getting the builder to rush it into production and is covering the courier cost to have it sent to me in Regina. Thanks Dave.
While loading my truck on Sunday I got to talking to Jason about my plans of buying a 50gal and making it into a sump. I explained how much trouble I was having finding a bare 50gal. He threw out the idea of having them build me one and getting it sent with the stand. So back into the shop we went to price it out. After getting back home and a few patient email responses from Jason this is what is being made for me.

We're hoping to get the sump and stand on the truck to Regina for Monday. Things are starting to come together.

Here are a couple of pictures of the frag tank unwrapped, and with the two IM 102 frag racks I picked up from Roskoreef. They fit in there great!

This is my least favourite configuration:

My preferred configuration:

And finally a couple of sneak peeks of the display tank:

Last edited by Fishy!; 02-19-2016 at 12:26 AM.