Thread: Coral pricing
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:38 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyphox View Post
I disagree with sky rocketing prices. I find that yes, there are a lot more expensive corals these days with fantastic colors, but also corals that were available 5 years ago have dropped significantly because they are now more common. You will see this occur with some of the newer corals as they grow out in peoples tanks.

Will they all drop down to an affordable level? Probably not because some are very slow grows and its a major factor in prices next to availability. But many will come down.
Ah but I counter argue. A lot of the coral that I used to grow and frag out at about $20 for a healed frag is now going for double to triple that. And I'm talking mainly about zoas, brains, octos, torches etc. No SPS. And I used to actually buy those same corals for the price range of 20 to $60 at the local fish store in Calgary. And from just peeking around a little bit I've seen those prices almost double for the exact same corals.

Now we do have a lot of really nice corals out there right now that have justified prices because their colours are absolutely amazing and they are slow growers so it's really hard to get the supply to match the demand. So in those cases I understand