View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough
Default BBQ/Reefers Get-Together at SeaHorse_Fanatic's Jan.16th

So, for January, to accommodate Coasting's schedule, I plan to invite our local fishy friends over for a BBQ. I have no problems prepping/bbqing/cooking the food and just have each attendee chip in for the grocery bill (no more than $10/person). I've bbqed for as many as 120 people in one day so that's not a problem. Based on recent attendance numbers, I think a dozen to 15 adults is a reasonable max number and we can accommodate that many inside our place. I will pick up a couple bottles of wine and some soda to go with the meal but otherwise its bring your own beer/cider/coolers.

If the 16th (Saturday) doesn't work, please let me know. I'm perfectly fine with doing it on another date, as long as it doesn't conflict with family stuff.

Families/kids are welcome (ie. my two little girls will be there) and if its during the day, they can go outside into the playhouse to play (I'll set up a space heater in there).

In terms of timing, I'm thinking late lunch and through the afternoon/evening. Again, I'm flexible on this.

Tentative meal plan is Malaysian chicken or turkey satay, stir fried noodles, Malaysian chicken curry and coconut milk rice, bbq pork ribs, bbq lemon-grass or rosemary chicken, hot dogs/burgers if people want...

I also have 2 reef tanks (165g & 93g cube), a goldfish tank, 2 fw shrimp tanks, an endler tank, 2 baby tortoises and a koi "pond" to see and we can play a movie or the hockey game on the tv, if so desired.

I'm located in South Burnaby, halfway between King Eds Pets and Metrotown. Just 5 minutes from Kensington Exit off Hwy 1.

Let me know if there's interest in this.

Anthony