View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I hate it when reporters can't be bothered to do enough research to make there articles true. the electricity doesn't zap them back to life or cause them to rejuvenate themselves. It is the same principle that fishermen use with there black box, by inducing a low voltage/current signal into there metal lines it can actually attract the fish.

there was a bit thing on coral balls years ago, these were ball shaped steel grids, by running the power through them it attracted free floating coral larvae and because the electricity effectively neutralizes the inherent electrical signature of the steel when in water it becomes a hospitable place for coral to grow.

Now they could have said metal grids running electricity are revitalizing or zapping the "reefs" back to life. as this is true, many coral spawn that would just float away and die are no colonizing the grids, causing an increase in growth density in the areas. there is some research that you can actually create a better environment for growth this way also.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 09-29-2009 at 01:49 PM.