View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:25 AM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road
Default New tank, what to get?

So I have recently got out of freshwater and looking to try my hand at a larger reef tank.

I have been thinking of a 75 gallon, but after doing some LFS visits I am not sure if I should go with a regular 75 gallon, one of the all in one systems or a cube tank.

What my thought process is

regular 75 gallon - Seems to be the most cost effective in terms of cost of buying the tank, stand. I would have to drill the tank which seems like a bit of a task since I have neither the tools or know how.

All in one - Convenient since everything comes with the tank. Quicker setup? Seems like a good way to go for a beginner. They are very expensive though.

Cube tank - Wife loves these tanks. Size wise it would work well in our apartment. I'm not sure how the cube tank would limit me livestock wise, it seems like fitting a sump and all that would be kinda cramped since there doesn't seem to be much room under the stand. Cost is also on the higher side it seems.

Anyone have any good recommendations on which would be the best route for a beginner?